Friday, September 10, 2010

Eat Pray Love Movie Night

Sixteen of us gathered last night to watch Eat, Pray, Love together. We arrived a little early and chatted and got caught up. Many of us had read the book and a few hadn't. We talked about kids and work, our fabulous long summer and what's coming this fall. Us ladies love to chat!

I look at our time at the movie similar to Eat, Pray, Love. Most of us can't take a year and travel the world to discover ourselves and experience new cultures and people. Most of us have to find that 'escape' in the day to day. Going to this movie was my 'escape' and the movie gave me time to think about the importance of connecting with people around a table, of finding calm and tranquility, and of being open to love and sharing love everyday. So I guess now it's time to play a dinner party, get back to meditation and make sure I hug my teenagers everyday even when it doesn't look like they want it.

Thanks to the SpinMamas for coming out to join me. It's been a long time. There's power in we even if we are doing the ordinary.

No comments:

Inaugural Yoga on Westboro Beach 2006

Inaugural Yoga on Westboro Beach 2006
It all started here!

Curling at the Granite Club

Curling at the Granite Club
Working on a game plan.

Check out the mom song!